SLED TL-3 in use on Missouri Highway | SLED TL-3 in Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio | SLED TL-2 in Illinois
The Sentry Longitudinal Energy Dissipater (SLED is a narrow, non-redirective gating crash cushion. SLED is designed to shield the end of all permanent
and temporary portable barrier shapes including concrete, steel and plastic. SLED's unique design incorporates four internal steel ables which help envelop
the impacting vehicle, reducing the possibility of secondary accidents. The SLED End Treatment does not require foundation anchor bolts to be attached to
the road or bridge deck. The complete crash cushion can be installed quickly, with as little as one pick up truck and two workers on compacted dirt, gravel,
decomposed granite, asphalt or concrete.
Each SLED module is manufactured from high visibility yellow polyethylene that is UV stabilized to minimize degradation.
It is designed to deform and rupture on impact, absorbing the energy of the errant vehicle. SLED has the most versatile transition for shielding all permanent and temporary
portable barriers. The combination of hinging and contouring, allows the transition panels of the SLED End Treatment to be attached to narrow, wide or other profile shapes
with either converging, or diverging angles, up to 10 degrees.
- FHWA Accepted for Shielding the Blunt End of Concrete, Steel and Water Filler Barriers
- Quick and Easy Set-Up, No foundation anchoring, minimized installation exposure time
- Cost effective end treatment for Concrete, Steel or Water Filled Barriers
- Universal transition quickly and easily attaches to a variety of barrier shapes and sizes
- SLED's Stout Design virtually eliminates vaulting
- Narrow footprint is Ideal for work zones or roads with minimal shoulder spacing
- Shortest length TL-3 Water filled crash cushion, fewer incidental impacts
- Containment impact SLED minimized debris field
- Visual "drive by" fill indicators quickly verify water module's are properly filled
- FHWA Accepted for use in Uni- and Bi- Directional Applications
- Internal Steel cables help envelop vehicle after an impact, creating a truly "Limited Gating" system